Some ideas are:
- visit your local playground, or try out a new one
- for older kids, kick a ball around, fly a kite, play a game of catch or try a local skate park for scooting
- try a new game at home such as hopscotch, jump rope, building a fort or playing hide and seek
- visit your local swimming pool
- the beach has endless things to do - go for a swim, play tug of war, have a race or explore the rock pools.
- put some music on and encourage your kids to dance. If friends are over, try musical statues.
- go for a bike ride or walk with friends or whānau. Fun cycle trails can be found here: http://nzcycletrail.com/