- 1 kg Boneless brisket
- 4 Lamb shoulder chops
- 2 Celery stalks (diced)
- 1/4 Pumpkin
- 4 Potatoes
- 1/2 Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cube Beef stock
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 1. Prepare this meal in a roasting dish with a tight fitting lid, or cover with a double layer of tinfoil and seal well.
- 2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- 3. Sprinkle celery, parsley, carrots into the dish. Lay the brisket on top, followed by the lamb shoulder chops.
- 4. Pour over stock. No salt is needed.
- 5. Cover the dish and cook in a moderate oven for 3 hours. Check to see if cooked after 2 and a half hours.
- 6. Serve with coleslaw if you wish, and feel free to add other meat alternatives like chicken, duck, turkey or even stewing beef.
NotesIf cooking in a slow cooker or crock pot, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Thanks to Toi Tangata for the use of this recipe.