- 1 kilogram brisket, diced
- 1 big bunch pūhā
- 1 big bunch watercress
- 6 small kumara, scrubbed and chopped
- 3 onions, chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1. Trim the fat off the meat. Put into a pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil.
- 2. Halfway through boiling the meat (after about an hour), pour out the fatty water. Refill the pot with water, bring to the boil and continue to simmer the meat.
- 3. Add the vegetables, onion and seasoning and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- 4. Serve immediately. Cool leftovers quickly – place in smaller containers, cool, cover and refrigerate as soon as possible. Reheat in meal amounts until piping hot.