The good news is you can easily put together items that are tasty and good for your kids. Here are some lunch box ideas to try:
- Leftover roast vegetables such as potato, pumpkin or kumara - a hot favourite even when cold
- Corn on the cob - did you know you can cook it in the microwave?
- Leftover fritters - there are lots of quick recipes on this site (search for fritters)
- Stuffed pita pockets - use your favourite combination of fillings
- Mini pasta frittatas - easy and really tasty
- Mini meat loaves or Meatballs - extra tasty when put inside a bread roll
- Pita bread pizzas - always popular
- Pinwheel rolls - make these on Sunday ready for Monday's lunch box.