Dessert can also be a great way to get the family eating more fruit and dairy products.
Check out our top five dessert ideas that taste good and are good for you.
- Fruit salad - a great way to use up fruit that needs eating. Simply peel and chop any fruit you like. Add drained canned fruit to bulk the fruit salad up if you need.
- [Fruity rice pudding] (http://myfamily.kiwi/foods/recipes/fruity+rice+pudding) – a filling and creamy dessert that’s perfect for the winter months. Cold leftovers make a tasty breakfast too!
- [Fruit crumble] (http://myfamily.kiwi/foods/recipes/fruit+crumble) – this will soon become a family favourite. Serve warm with yoghurt.
- [One ingredient ice cream] (http://myfamily.kiwi/foods/recipes/one+ingredient+ice+cream) - creamy and delicious!
- [Healthy ambrosia] (http://myfamily.kiwi/foods/recipes/healthy+ambrosia) – a delicious fruit and yoghurt dessert with a tasty marshmallow twist.