Back to top anchor
- Select a new fruit or vegetable that is unfamiliar. Play with it, touch it, squeeze it, slice it, taste it. Create a new and fun healthy recipe with the new fruit or vegetable as a key ingredient. Or select a recipe from myfamily.kiwi
- Let children choose their favourite dinner – give them a selection of choices from the myfamily.kiwi website, such as fish burgers or chicken drumsticks with potatoes and coleslaw. Let them be involved in creating the meal.
- Collect some home grown vegetables from the garden and make a special meal.
- Fruit and veggie markets can be a great way for kids to choose new foods they might like to try as well as being a fun morning out.
- Play ‘guess the fruit or vegetable’ game, blindfold your child and hand then a fruit or vegetable, let them feel it, taste it, and guess what it is.
- Create a fruit or vegetable person using a skewer or cocktail stick, or create a face on a plate. Use bananas, berries, citrus fruit, apples, pears, grapes, carrot sticks, cucumber, or celery. Then you can eat it.