- 1 packet flat rice noodles (4 serves)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 capsicum, chopped into strips
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1. Cook the noodles, according to packet directions and drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together the juice from the lemon, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, brown sugar and water. Set aside.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium/high heat.
- 4. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 6. Add eggs and cook untill scrambled.
- 7. Add grated carrot and capsicum. Cook for 1 minute.
- 6. Mix in the noodles and pour over the soy sauce mix.
- 7. Add the bean sprouts and spring onion and mix all to combine. Take off the heat.
- 8. Serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts.
NotesOther additions that work well in this dish include grated zucchini, frozen peas or beans and tofu.