- - Fresh vegetables (choose 1 or 2 different veges)
- - Breast milk or formula
- Some good combinations include:
- - Potato and pumpkin
- - Kūmara and carrot
- - Carrot and parsnip
- - Carrot and pumpkin
- - Potato and carrot
- - Cauliflower and potato
- - Kūmara and broccoli.
- 1. Peel and chop the vegetables.
- 2. Add vegetables to a pot of boiling water, or place in a steamer, or microwave.
- 3. Cook until soft.
- 4. Strain off the water.
- 5. Mash with a potato masher. Or purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 6. Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- 7. Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
NotesIf puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.