- - 2 cups wholemeal flour
- - 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- - 2 cups vegetables, grated or chopped into small pieces
- - 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- - 1 cup cheese, grated
- - 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1. Place eggs and milk in a bowl and mix.
- 2. Add flour and mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- 3. Stir in vegetables and cheese.
- 4. Heat non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with a little oil.
- 5. Add quarter of a cup of the mixture to the pan, flip over the pikelet and cook until golden and cooked through.
- 6. Keep warm in the oven until you are ready to serve. Makes approximately 12 pikelets.
- Use any fresh, frozen or canned vegetables you have on hand, such as grated carrot, grated courgette, diced cauliflower, diced broccoli, frozen peas and corn, diced mushrooms, diced red or green capsicum, and sliced spring onions. Be sure to cut the vegetables into tiny pieces or grate them so the vegetables cook through.
- Serving with a crisp fresh salad or our winter slaw.
- Serving with chutney or a sauce made from low-fat sour cream mixed with chopped chives.