Tuna stuffed capsicums
Tasty, easy and quick, these stuffed capsicums make a great snack or serve with a green salad for a fast week night dinner.
- - 2 capsicums, any colour
- - 1 can tuna in spring water (130 grams), drained
- - 50 grams edam cheese, grated
- - 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- - 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- - 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1. Turn on the grill in your oven to 200C.
- 2. Cut capsicums in half and scrape out the seeds.
- 3. Place capsicums cut side down on a lined oven tray and put in the oven for 3 minutes.
- 4. Turn capsicums over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 5. While capsicums are grilling, mix tuna and tomato puree together in a bowl.
- 6. Add 1/2 the cheese, spring onion and tomato, mix to combine.
- 7. Spoon the tuna mix into the capsicums and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 9. Bake under the grill for 4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crisp.
NotesYou could replace the tuna for other tinned fish or add leftover chicken or mince for a differnt flavour.