- 2 cans tuna (130grams in spring water), drained
- 1 can chickpeas (400grams) rinsed and drained
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 6-inch wholemeal pitas, cut in half
- 1. Combine tuna, chickpeas, capsicum, carrot, onion, tomato and lettuce in a bowl.
- 2. Add lemon juice and vegetable oil and mix to combine.
- 3. Put 1 cup of the tuna mixture in each pita half.
- 4. Serve immediately (while the vegetables are fresh).