Tropical kūmara and pumpkin pork
Enjoy the tasty flavours of pork, pineapple, kūmara and pumpkin in this one dish meal. It is designed to feed 10+ people.
- - 1kg pork pieces
- - 2 tablespoons flour
- - 1-2 tablespoons oil
- - 2 onions, chopped
- - 3 cups water
- - 1 can diced pineapple, drained (save juice)
- - 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder or soysauce
- - 5 cups kūmara and pumpkin, diced
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Place pork in a bowl. Add flour and toss gently so pork is coated with flour.
- 3. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add 1/4 of the pork and brown on all sides. Remove and keep warm. Repeat 3 more times.
- 4. Transfer pork to a large baking dish with a lid.
- 5. Add onions, water, pineapple juice, stock powder, kūmara and pumpkin.
- 6. Cover with a lid and place in a preheated oven. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender. Stir occasionally.
- 7. Remove from oven, add pineapple pieces and stir. Return to oven and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until pineapple is hot.