- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (or 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar or white vinegar)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bag of rice noodles
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced (keep the green bits separate)
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 350 grams chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1. Mix together the vinegar and water to make a dressing.
- 2. Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions, run under cold water to stop the cooking process and drain.
- 3. Combine noodles, lettuce, half of the tomatoes, half of the dressing and half of the coriander. Set aside.
- 4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Add oil, white parts of spring onions, ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.
- 6. Add chicken and chilli flakes (if using) and cook for six minutes.
- 7. Add green parts of spring onions, remaining tomatoes and bean sprouts and cook for one minute.
- 8. Add the remaining dressing and lemon or lime juice and remove the pan from the heat.
- 9. Divide noodle salad into four bowls and top with the chicken mixture.