- - 1 kamo kamo
- - 1 tablespoon oil
- - 1/2 onion, diced
- - 1 clove garlic, crushed
- - 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- - 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- - 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- - 1/2 cup cooked rice
- - 1 tomato, diced or 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- - 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- - 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Cut kamo kamo in half lengthways. Scoop out the insides leaving a hollowed out centre.
- 3. Heat oil and cook the onion in a non-stick frying pan until soft.
- 4. Add garlic, chopped mushrooms, capsicum and tomato paste and continue to cook until soft.
- 5. Remove from heat and add cooked rice, tomato and cheese.
- 6. Fill each half of the kamo kamo with the vegetable and rice mix.
- 7. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 8. Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping is golden and crispy.