Stewed fruit is quick and easy to make, buy fruit in season and save money and time by stewing in bulk and storing in the fridge.
- - 500 grams fruit of your choice (try apples, plums, peaches, pears or feijoas)
- - water
- - 1 tablespoon honey
- - pinch cinnnamon (optional)
- 1. Wash, peel and core fruit.
- 2. Put fruit in a saucepan and half cover with water.
- 3. Bring to boil and add the honey.
- 4. Reduce and simmer for 10 mimutes until soft.
- 5. Sprinkle over cinnamon if using.
- 5. Serve warm or store in the fridge for up to a week.