- - 8 slices wholegrain bread
- - 4 slices ham
- - 3/4 cup grated cheese
- - 2 eggs
- - 1/3 cup milk
- - black pepper
- 1. Place 4 slices of bread on a board.
- 2. Place 1 slice of ham and a little grated cheese on each slice of bread (make sure you don't over fill or the filling will spill out during cooking).
- 3. Top with the remaining bread slices to make sandwiches. Press down firmly.
- 4. Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with a little oil.
- 5. While fry pan is heating, whisk together eggs, milk and pepper in a shallow bowl or flat dish.
- 6. Gently dip your sandwich in the egg mixture. Turn over sandwich to make sure it is completely coated in egg mixture.
- 7. Place sandwich in fry pan. You may be able to fit 2 sandwiches in the pan at once, depending on the size of your pan.
- 8. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn and cook on other side for a few minutes until hot and golden.
- 9. Remove sandwich from pan. Cut into triangles with 2 diagonal cuts.
- 10. Repeat with other sandwiches.