- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, sultanas, chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds or coconut (optional extras)
- 1. Turn slow cooker onto LOW.
- 2. Find a heatproof bowl that will fit inside your slow cooker bowl and a lid or plate to sit on top of it.
- 3. In the heatproof bowl, mix together the rolled oats, water and optional extras.
- 4. Place the lid or a plate on top of the porridge bowl.
- 5. Put about 2 cups of water into your slow cooker bowl (so the water covers the bottom of the slow cooker bowl and comes up the side about 3-centimetres).
- 6. Put the lidded bowl of porridge into the water in the slow cooker.
- 7. Put the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for about 8 hours or overnight.
- 8. In the morning, scoop into bowls and top with a little milk or yoghurt and some fruit.