- - 750 grams beef, diced (gravy, chuck or blade steak work well)
- - 2 tablespoons curry paste, such as Rogan Josh or Korma curry paste
- - 1 1/2 cups low-salt beef stock (or 1 stock cube and 1 cup water)
- - 1/2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- - 400 grams orange-fleshed kūmara or pumpkin, diced
- - 1/2 packet frozen spinach
- 1. Turn slow cooker onto LOW to pre-warm while you prepare the ingredients.
- 2. Add meat and kūmara or pumpkin to the slow cooker.
- 3. In a bowl stir together curry paste, beef stock and coconut milk. Pour into the slow cooker, stir to mix and cover with the lid.
- 4. Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 3½ to 4 hours without lifting the lid.
- 5. Once the cooking time is finished, check the beef for tenderness and cook for longer if required (you can turn the slow cooker onto HIGH to hurry it along).
- 6. Before serving stir in the spinach leaves, cover and cook a further few minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- 7. Serve with boiled or steamed rice.
NotesTry other curry pastes such as Rendang paste or your family's favourite.