- 12 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fillings (see suggestions below)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Slightly flatten bread with a rolling pin to make shaping easier.
- 3. Spread margarine thinly on one side of the bread.
- 4. Press bread slices into muffin tins (margarine side down).
- 5. Divide your choice of fillings evenly between the bread cases.
- 6. Whisk eggs and milk together in a mixing bowl.
- 7. Pour the egg mixture on top of the fillings. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cases are golden and the egg is set.