- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup popping corn kernels
- To cook in the microwave:
- 1. Place oil and corn kernels in a plain brown paper bag, folding the top of the bag over twice to seal in the corn kernels. Shake to coat kernels with oil. You could also use a microwave proof bowl with lid.
- 2. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes or until most kernels have popped.
- 3. If needed, transfer cooked popcorn to a bowl and return unpopped corn to the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To cook on the stove top:
- 1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the popping corn.
- 2. Cover the pan with a lid and shake over the heat to prevent burning.
- 3. Corn should be popped in 2 to 3 minutes.