- 5-6 medium-sized taro leaves
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- Aluminium foil
- 1. Remove the stalk and ribs from the taro leaves. Rinse under running water and shake dry.
- 2. Mix the onion with the coconut cream and water.
- 3. Layer the taro leaves so they overlap each other to create a bowl in the palm of your hand.
- 4. Pour in the onion and coconut cream mixture.
- 5. Gather up the edges of the taro leaves with your other hand to close the parcel.
- 6. Place the taro parcel onto the aluminium foil and quickly close to form a tight ball.
- 7. Place in an oven dish and bake at 200°C for 1 hour or cook in an umu (hangi or underground oven).
- 8. Serve with green bananas or taro.