- 6 pita breads
- oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 grams beef mince
- 400gram can chopped tomatoes
- 400gram can mild chilli beans
- 1 cup grated edam cheese
- lite sour cream to serve
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Slice each pita bread into eight triangles.
- 3. Spray a large oven tray with a little oil. Place pita bread triangles in a single layer and spray the tops with oil.
- 3. Bake for five minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- 4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for three minutes.
- 5. Add mince and use a wooden spoon to break it up. Cook for five minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- 6. Stir in tomatoes and chilli beans. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. Take off the heat.
- 7. Divide pita bread chips between four plates. Top with mince mix, then grated cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.