Meat loaf with oats
This is a great recipe to use up vegetables that might be a little past it. It makes enough to feed 10 people too.
- - 2 eggs
- - 500g beef mince
- - 3 cups vegetables, finely diced e.g. onion, carrot, leeks
- - 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- - 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- - pinch of black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- 3. Add mince, vegetables, oats, parsley and pepper. Mix well.
- 4. Shape mixture into a log and place in a lightly oiled loaf tin, or on a baking dish.
- 5. Place in preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes or until cooked and brown on top.
- 6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 7. Serve sliced, with a salad or cooked vegetables.