- ½ small onion
- 100 grams lentils
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 200mls water
- 2 tablespoons breast milk or formula
- 1. Finely chop the onion.
- 2. Rinse the lentils.
- 3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- 4. Cook the onions in the oil until soft.
- 5. Add the lentils and cover with water.
- 6. Cook until soft, about 35 minutes.
- 7. Drain and mash or purée with a blender or food processor.
- 8. Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- 9. Freeze leftover cooled purée in ice cube trays.
NotesIf puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.