- 1 1/2 litres water
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup risotto or medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a pot on the stove, boil the water and add the stock cubes.
- 2. In a separate large pot, heat the oil and gently cook the leeks and garlic until soft.
- 3. Increase the heat and add the rice, continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the stock one cup at a time to the rice, stirring often. Wait until most of the stock has been absorbed before adding the next cup.
- 5. Continue to add the stock until the rice is cooked through and has a thick consistency.
- 6. You may need to use a little more or a little less stock to get the desired thickness.
- 7. Stir through the leeks, garlic, lemon zest and juice.