- 4x 100gram lamb leg steaks, trimmed of fat
- 4 oranges
- 2 carrots, coarsley grated
- 4 large handfuls salad leaves
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 400grams kūmara (approx 6 small kūmara), boiled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. First, grill lamb leg steaks: heat a griddle until very hot.
- 2. Rub the lamb steaks with a drop of oil, season, and then cook for 5 minutes, turning once for medium steak.
- 3. Cover with foil and set aside.
- 4. Cut away the skin and pith of the oranges and thinly slice. Drain off the excess juice and save.
- 5. Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic together and season to taste.
- 6. Pour orange juice into the dressing, then toss with the kūmara, carrot, oranges, leaves and parsley. Slice the lamb and serve on top of the salad.
Notes*From Nga Wahine Atawhai o Matukutureia Recipe Book.*