- 1 cup dates (or other dried fruit like raisins)
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut (plus extra for rolling in)
- 1 cup orange kūmara, peeled, diced and boiled until soft
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger or cinnamon
- 1. Put all ingredients into a food processor.
- 2. Blitz until combined (pushing the mixture down occasionally if it sticks).
- 3. Using a tablespoon, roll the mixture into small balls.
- 4. Roll balls in coconut to coat.
- 5. Chill in the fridge for at least half an hour before eating.
NotesThese little treats store well in the frigde in a container or try freezing them and use them as required.