- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 4 teaspoons wholegrain or dijon mustard
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1. Place flour, cooked rice, grated carrot, frozen peas, frozen corn, ham, mustard and black pepper in a bowl.
- 2. Pour in eggs and milk. Stir to combine.
- 3. Heat a non-stick fry pan and add a little oil. Then, working in batches, drop heaped tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook over a medium heat for two to three minutes until golden brown. Then turn over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- 4. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil during cooking as necessary.
- 5. Serve hot with wholegrain mustard or relish and low-fat sour cream.