- 3 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Oil spray
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Add apple and cloves to a pot or saucepan and warm over a medium heat.
- 2. Stir in brown sugar and bring to the boil.
- 3. Boil for two minutes then stir in the lemon rind and berries.
- 4. Remove from the heat and stir in the cornflour mixture.
- 5. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, string continuously until thickened.
- 6. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 7. Line a large baking tray with cooking paper.
- 8. Place a layer of filo pastry on the cooking paper, spray with oil.
- 9. Repeat this step with three more sheets of filo pastry layered on top.
- 10. Spread half of the fruit filling evenly across the filo.
- 11. Starting at the short end of the filo, roll into a cylinder shape, using the cooking paper to help you roll.
- 12. Set the cylinder aside and repeat steps 8 to 11 to make a second cylinder.
- 13. Place the two strudels on a baking tray, brush with oil then honey.
- 14. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesDelicious served with natural yogurt.