- - Fresh fruit (choose 2 different fruits)
- - Breast milk or formula
- Some good combinations of fruit include:
- - Apple and pear
- - Banana and pear
- - Peach and apricot
- - Plum and apple
- - Rhubarb and apple
- - Peach apple and pear
- - Mango and apple
- - Peach and mango
- 1. Peel the fruit.
- 2. Slice or chop into small pieces, removing seeds and core.
- 3. Add fruit to a pot of boiling water.
- 4. Boil until soft.
- 5. Drain off the water.
- 6. Mash with a potato masher. Or blend in a food processor or blender until smooth
- 7. Stir through enough breast milk or formula to make a smooth purée.
- 8. Freeze leftover purée in ice cube trays.
NotesIf puréed until very smooth, this recipe can be fed to a baby when starting solid foods at around 6 months.