- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon margarine or oil for cooking
- 8 slices stale bread
- 1. In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla essence.
- 2. Heat the margarine or oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- 3. Dip bread one piece at a time into egg mixture. Coat both sides well.
- 4. Put bread in hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. You should be able to cook 2 or 3 pieces at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- 5. Repeat with remaining slices of bread (add a little more margarine or oil if needed between batches).
- 6. Serve warm with fresh or tinned fruit and a spoonful of yoghurt, or with sliced banana, strawberries and runny honey. For a special treat, serve with sliced banana and lean crispy bacon.