- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finey chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon finely diced chilli
- 1. Cut the eggplant into 1 centrmentre cubes.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook until the onion is soft.
- 3. Add the eggplant and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the eggplant begins to soften.
- 4. Stir in the tomatoes, tumeric, coriander, cumin and chiil. Continue to cook for a further 10 minutes until some of the liquid starts to evaporate.
- 5. Add extra spice or chilli if you like extra flavour in your curry.
- 6. Serve with cooked rice.