- - 6 cups low-salt vegetable stock, or one teaspoon stock powder per cup of water
- - 1 leek, sliced finely
- - 400 grams potatoes, scrubbed and diced (leave skins on)
- - 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice (410 grams)
- - 150 grams Savoy cabbage, shredded
- - 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1. Put vegetable stock, leeks, potatoes and canned tomatoes in a large saucepan.
- 2. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3. Add the cabbage, oregano and basil. Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 5. Serve hot with wholegrain toast.