- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste (see Notes below)
- 500 grams chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup liquid chicken stock (or ½ teaspoon chicken stock powder mixed into ½ cup hot water)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup natural (plain) yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a non-stick frying pan.
- 2. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- 3. Stir in the tandoori paste and cook for two minutes.
- 4. Add the chicken and stir. Cook for another two minutes until it starts to brown.
- 5. Add the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer (gentle boil) and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- 6. Stir in the chickpeas and simmer for another five minutes.
- 7. Remove from the heat. Stir in the yoghurt and lemon juice.
- 8. Serve with rice.