- - 2 tablespoon oil
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - pinch salt
- - 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- - 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- - 2 tablespoons curry powder
- - 1 cup red lentils
- - 6 cups water
- - 2 tomatoes, diced
- - 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- - 1/2 bag spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot.
- 2. Gently cook onion with salt over low heat until soft.
- 3. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Add split peas, water and tomatoes. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- 5. Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6. Mix spinach through and cook for 1 minute.
- 7. Season with pepper.