Crunchy potato wedges
An easy, tasty, healthy alternative to store-bought wedges. And cheap at less than 50 cents per person.
- 5 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2. Wash potatoes (don’t peel), cut into wedges and dry.
- 3. Place the potatoes, paprika, mustard powder, flour and pepper in a plastic bag. Shake well to evenly coat the potato.
- 4. Drizzle oil onto a baking dish and add potato wedges.
- 5. Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until the wedges are golden brown and crunchy. Turn once during cooking.
- Kumara instead of potato.
- Experimenting with different seasonings to find your family's favourite. Here's some ideas: curry powder, cajun powder, garlic pepper, caraway seeds, Italian herb mix or fresh rosemary. Add 2 teaspoons instead of the paprika.
Thanks to [www.vegetables.co.nz](http://www.vegetables.co.nz/) for this recipe.