- - 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- - 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- - 1 tablespoon oil
- - 1 onion, finely chopped
- - 2 carrots, finely chopped or grated
- - 500 grams beef mince
- - 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- - 2 courgettes, finely chopped or grated
- - 440 gram can chopped tomatoes
- - 1/2 cup water
- - 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- - 1/4 cup grated cheese
- - 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 1. Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain, add the milk and mash.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and carrots, cook for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add the mince and brown.
- 3. Add mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes, water and tomato sauce. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- 4. Place the mince mixture in a baking dish. Spread the potato over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Bake at 200°C for 20-30 minutes or until the mince mixture is bubbling and the top is golden.
- 6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional).
NotesFrozen vegetables can be added to this dish. Try peas, diced carrots, corn or beans.