- 1 bag shell or penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red or green capsicum, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 400 grams cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Boil pasta in large pot of water until just tender (follow directions on packet).
- 3. Heat a non-stick pan and spray with a little oil.
- 4. Add the flour and mustard and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 5. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
- 6. Add all vegetables and cook until soft.
- 7. Add cooked chicken and pasta. Gently stir so pasta is coated with sauce.
- 8. Place chicken pasta mixture in a casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- 9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
NotesYou can use any vegetables you have on hand, such as broccoli, frozen spinach, sliced zucchini or diced cooked pumpkin.