- - 2 large wholemeal pita breads
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- - 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- - 1/3 cup sultanas
- - 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves, plus sprigs for the top
- - 1 waxy potato, such as Nicola or Desiree, sliced wafer thin
- - 60grams reduced-fat feta cheese, crumble
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius (200 degrees fan-forced). Place the pita breads on a baking sheet.
- 2. Combine the oil and onion in a heavy-based non-stick frying pan and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3. Add sugar and sultanas. Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook 10 minutes, or until the onion caramelises. Stir in the chopped thyme and season with pepper.
- 4. Arrange potatoes on the pita breads, top with onions and sprinkle with cheese and thyme sprigs.
- 5. Bake 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the pitas are crisp. Serve with green salad with tomatoes.