- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 handful baby spinach, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1. Cook the rice in a large pot of boiling water for 30 minutes or until soft to bite.
- 2. Drain well, stir through the baby spinach and set aside to cool.
- 3. Mix the peeled and chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley and sunflower seeds (if using) through the cold rice.
NotesFor a slightly different flavour, try swapping the parsley for chopped fresh mint, basil or coriander. Other ingredients you could add are red onion, capsicum, and chopped nuts.