- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups baking bran or bran flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 ¼ cups plain unsweetened yoghurt
- ¼ cup runny honey (see Note below)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking bran or bran flakes and cinnamon.
- 3. In another bowl, mix together bananas, yoghurt, honey, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla essence.
- 4. Pour banana and yoghurt mixture into flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Try not to over mix.
- 5. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins (makes about 12 muffins).
- 6. Bake at 180 degrees from 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through (muffins are cooked when they spring back when lightly touched).
NotesIf you don't have self-raising flour on hand you can make your own. To make one cup of self-raising flour simply add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to 1 cup of plain flour.
You can make honey runny by warming it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.