- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1. Mix rolled oats, water, milk and berries in a microwave-proof bowl (use a large bowl to prevent spilling over when cooking).
- 2. Cook uncovered in the microwave on HIGH power for 1 ½ minutes. Stir.
- 3. Cook for another minute. Repeat if necessary until it boils and thickens, and becomes smooth and creamy.
- 4. Serve with a little extra milk and a drizzle of runny honey.
NotesTip: the porridge will go a slightly blue/purple colour when cooking - it may look a little strange but it will taste great.