This variation to porridge will help you fuel winter sport and exercise. Give yourself a real head-start with this super-easy and tasty breakfast.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1. Mix rolled oats, water, and milk in a microwave-proof bowl (use a large bowl to prevent spilling over when cooking).
- 2. Cook uncovered in the microwave on HIGH power for 1 ½ minutes. Stir.
- 3. Cook for another minute. Repeat if necessary until it boils and thickens, and becomes smooth and creamy.
- 4. Stir honey and mashed banana into hot porridge.
- 5. Serve with extra milk and sliced banana, if desired.