- 375grams kumara, peeled and cut into 4cm chunks
- 375grams red onion, cut through the root into 2cm wedges
- 375grams large carrots, cut into 4cm chunks
- 375grams large zucchini, cut into 4cm chunks
- 500grams waxy potatoes, such as Nicola, cut into 4cm chunks
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- 2. Combine the sweet potato, onion, carrots, zucchini, waxy potatoes and garlic in a large bowl. Add the thyme sprigs, oil and balsamic vinegar and season with plenty of black pepper.
- 3. Toss the vegetables well and spread them in a single layer in a large baking dish. Use two baking dishes if necessary.
- 4. Roast until the vegetables are cooked through and starting to brown on the edges, about 40 minutes. Serve immediately.
NotesNote: other vegetables suitable for a roast are pumpkin with skin on, capsicum, squash, parsnips, marrow, tomato and cauliflower. These make a great meal reheated the next day.
*From Heart Foundation's Real Food*