- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500grams green zucchini, scrubbed (but not peeled), thinly sliced
- 500grams yellow zucchini, scrubbed (but not peeled), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, all halved
- 90grams low-fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- 2. Cook the rice in boiling water until al dente, about 35 minutes. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
- 3. Whilst the rice is cooking, combine the oil and onions in a large non-stick frying pan and cook over moderate heat until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and stir for one minute more.
- 4. Add zucchini and cook 5 minutes, until crisp and tender, then stir in oregano and season with coarsely ground black pepper.
- 5. Add zucchini mixture to the rice, together with the cherry tomatoes and ricotta. Mix well.
- 6. Spread evenly in an ovenproof dish sprayed with mono/polyunsaturated oil cooking spray. Scatter with parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook a further 20 minutes or until top in golden and filling is bubbling.