- 1 cup raisins (or sultanas), soaked in boiling water
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- oil spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- 2. Sift flour, wholemeal flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add brown sugar and stir with a fork.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together apple puree, egg and milk. Stir in the oil and mashed banana.
- 4. Drain the raisins and add them to the flour with the apple mixture. Mix gently until just combined.
- 5. Lightly spray a 12-hole muffin tin with oil spray. Distribute the mixture evenly between the holes.
- 6. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden and cooked.