- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1. In a bowl, mix together the self-raising flour, milk, eggs and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth.
- 2. Stir in grated apples.
- 3. Heat the margarine in a non-stick fry pan over a medium-high heat.
- 4. Working in batches, drop quarter of a cup of batter into the pan and swirl to make a pancake.
- 5. Cook for one to two minutes until bubbles appear on the uncooked surface. Then turn the pancake over and cook the other side for a further 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more margarine (or oil) between batches if needed to stop the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
- 7. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Serve with sliced fresh or canned fruit and cinnamon yoghurt (see below).
NotesMake cinnamon yoghurt by mixing together 1 cup of plain unsweetened yoghurt, 1 teaspoon of runny honey and 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon.