For the first year, breast milk or infant formula is the most important food for your baby. At about six months of age, your baby needs more nutrients so this is a good time to start trying solid foods.
On this website you can find out about:
- the signs your baby is ready to try solid foods
- best foods to start with and how to prepare them
- tips on making this special time easier
- how to make baby food at home
- the signs your baby is full and had enough to eat
- recipe ideas for the next steps.
The information has been checked by experts and follows Ministry of Health recommendations about infant feeding.